Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14 bolt and 33's.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by georgiared84, Oct 18, 2002.

1. georgiared84

georgiared84 1/2 ton status

14 bolt and 33\'s.

/forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gifIs anyone running a 14 bolt rear with 33's? I am almost done with my 14 bolt rear. I just have to get my new wheels and shave my calipers on the front. My question is, If I run 33's will I have any clearance under the diff whatsoever? I shaved off about 3/4 of an inch. I was planning on just putting in add a leafs and trimming my fenders in the front and rear and running 33X12.50's on 15 x 10" wheels. I figure If I make the prerunner on my new bumper I'm welding stout enough I can just bounce over stuff. I can't go much higher because the door to my garage where I do all my work isn't clearing my truck by much. Also, does anyone reccomend a brand/ supplier for the long style of add a leafs?

2. nofeartruckin00

nofeartruckin00 1/2 ton status

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Re: 14 bolt and 33\'s.

Go up to 35" tires. To get into your garage, just let some air out of the tires.

4. 4x4Freak

4x4Freak 1/2 ton status

You can kinda see the rear diff in a couple of my K30 pics . It has worn out 33s on the back. I havent really had any problems with mine dragging. I have seen where its drug the high point in a couple mud bogs though.

Look at it this way, you could hire your truck out to farmers to use as a plow. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

for regualar driving ull be fine my dads 79 3/4 ton is on like 31's and his is fine, but its never really been wheeled to its hard to say in that aspect of it..

6. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

You could do what monster trucks do and get some REALLY small tires to put on your truck when u go in the garage. I dono how much of a difference it would mabe but its a idea

7. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

And then you'd never want to go wheeling because you'd have to break out the floor jack, air compressor, and impact gun every time.
    Yeah, I've seen the monster trucks unloading with those tiny wheels on it - lol.
    -- Mike

8. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

but it sounds to me like he only works on his truck in the there and leave it out when its just parked so the only time he would need to bring out thie air tools and jack is then you gonna work on it anyways. But I dono it might not be that easy.

9. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

14 bolt and 33's
    8 3/4" clearance under the diff. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    side shot
    It doesn't take long to figure out where ya can and can't go. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif
    I have been..... momentarily detained more times than I care to remember /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif LOL