Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14 bolt axle swap

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by t's85chevyk5, Jan 30, 2004.

1. t's85chevyk5

t's85chevyk5 Registered Member

Do i need to go with 16" rims to accomodate for the 14 bolt in the rear, or can i just use the 15" rims i have now with the 8-6 lug adapter?Also will my brake lines workfrom my 10 bolt to 14 bolt?
    thanks Taylor , phoenix az /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. t's85chevyk5

t's85chevyk5 Registered Member

3. woody9

woody9 1/2 ton status

not sure if you're talking a FF or SF...(SOME sf are 6 lug itink) but there are 8 lug 15" that will work. Depending on backspacing you may need to grind for the calipers I believe, but that may be for rear disc (personally, i went 16 on mine for other reasons)...
    My brakelines worked when I had the drums in back. (had to adjust some when i later went to disc...
    do a search on this, and you should find a slew of info

4. mr_fujisawa

mr_fujisawa 1/2 ton status

5. aandpman

aandpman 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Unless your 15" wheels happen to be stock steel rallye wheels, in which case a 14Bff hub will not fit thru the middle without having the hubs turned down some.

6. K5Kell

K5Kell Guest

I just swapped in a 14blt FF and I bought wagon wheel 15 inch rims and they fit fine, I think the backspacing was 4.25, dont hold me to that number though /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif.
    -Kell-

7. WARP1

WARP1 Registered Member

I did the swap with 15" steel wheels. They fit the 14bolt rear fine, but they won't clear the 8 lug front with out grinding the brake caliper. I ended up switching to 16" wheels.

8. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

15" wheels will fit over the drums. If you do a disc brake swap then you would need to grind.