Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14 Bolt axle ?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jk5blazer, Feb 6, 2005.

1. jk5blazer

jk5blazer 1/2 ton status

If I got a 14 bolt rear end out of a K30 van. Do I need to get spare axles from the same type vehical, or do all 14 bolt axles inter change. Thanks

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

What is your setup? Do you honestly think you will need spare axleshafts for that pig? I am all about carrying alot of spare parts in my truck including stuff I may never need but I don't carry spare axles for my 14bff. Have you taken one out of the diff yet an seen how big they are? My thought is if I break a 14bff axleshaft I was doing something really unholy and deserved what I got.

Harley

3. i think you would have to secretly put a few sticks of dynomite in there th hurt a 14f/f axle ..lol

4. AkMudr

AkMudr 1/2 ton status

VAN, DRW AND SRW/C&C all have different length shafts IIRC.
    I know [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]SRW/C&C - 37-5/8" / 31-5/8[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] but don't know the other length's off the otp of my head.
    [/font]

5. jk5blazer

jk5blazer 1/2 ton status

I hope that I will never break the thing either but what if. If I can pick one up at a junk yard for cheap than why not. I will be running the 38.5/15/16 boggers. I just got through welding the rear end up to. Im just lookin out for myself.

6. AkMudr

AkMudr 1/2 ton status

Ive never heard of anyone breakin a 14 bolt, not saying its impossible. A buddy of mine runs 38's 40's and 44 boggers when he feels the need plus 500+ HP and a doubler setup and has no issues whatsoever. And he runs his rig HARD.

7. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned