Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14 bolt axles, 10 bolt front, 12 bolt rear - St. Louis area

Discussion in 'Suspension | Axle' started by divorced, Nov 13, 2005.

1. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Edit: Following axles have been spoken for: 12 bolt rear, 10 bolt front, axle 1, and axle 5.

NO SHIPPING

I can get more info and pics of this stuff if there is any interest, otherwise I won't worry about it.

$50 each - I have either 4 or 5, 14 bolt FF axles to sell. I *think* all are 3.73 gears. Some open, some gov-lock. The shock mounts are missing off of one, another 1 or 2 may have pinion seals leaking. Brake lines are missing/damaged.
    Edit: Some are from 2 wheel drive trucks, and some are from 4 wheel drives. The only difference is the shock mounts.

$100 - 8 lug, 10 bolt front, 3.73 gears, may be missing the steering arm and calipers, otherwise complete.

$50 - 12 bolt rear with the 5 lug truck bolt pattern. It has a limited slip of some type in it. 3.08 ratio. The differential has some rust on it, I'm guessing from condensation.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 17, 2005
  2. thebigdaddyof2

thebigdaddyof2 1/2 ton status

Any of the 14BFF other than 3/4 ton - SRW width?
    Are you sure you have a gov loc?

Got a pic of the 10bolt front?
    How far from STL?

3. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

All of the 14 bolts are 3/4 ton, SRW. I know for sure at least one of them has a Gov-Loc. I checked the ratios on all of them when I put them in the shed at the beginning of summer, but I can't remember much else about them. One of them has a frozen brake drum. I pushed them all out of the shed this weekend so we could put my Dad's boat in there for winter storage, and decided I should just sell all of them. I will check the ratio's and differentials of all the axles tomorrow and take some pics now that I have them out in the open. I live about 45 miles east of St. Louis, a few miles off of I-64.

4. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

I apologize for not getting any pics today since it was raining all day. I will try again tomorrow. I have these advertised on another forum as well, and there seems to be a fair amount of interest in the parts there as well.

5. 1979jimmy350

1979jimmy350 1/2 ton status

where exactly are you located? How far are you from macomb? If it is not that far i might be intrested in a 14bolt

6. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

about 190 miles from Macomb, IL.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2006
  7. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Ok, finally more pics and info. It rained again, as you can see in the pics.

The axle number for the 14 bolts will match the desciption to the correct axle in the pics.

Only 1 of the 14 bolts has the parking brake cables, it is the one still in the truck. All others have no parking brake cables and the brake lines are missing or not usable. I have not checked the brakes on any of these axles. I have only 1 set of spring plates.

Axle 1 - From a 4x4, 3.73, open differential. I would like to sell this one with the 10 bolt front. The ring gear numbers are "2 GM 3992484 11 41 5 78"

Axle 2 - This one has the shock mounts cut off. It has a 3.73 ratio, Gov-Loc differential. It has some rust on the ring gear and the thing that goes over the carrier bearing, as shown in the pic. Ring gear numbers "2 GM 3992484 11 41 2 78"

Axle 3 - From a 2x4, 3.73, open differential. Some genius filled this one with transmission fluid instead of gear oil, I'm not sure what the effect of that would be. It has small amounts of rust on the ring gear. "2 GM 3992484 11 41 12 78"

Axle 4 - From a 2x4, 3.73, open differential. This one has a pinion seal leak and a frozen brake drum. "1 GM 3992484 11 41 1 77"

Axle 5 - Still in the truck. The glove box RPO code shows a 3.73, open carrier. This one still has the parking brake cables.

10 bolt front - No rust, looks good on the inside, 3.73, open differential. The wheel joints are junk and need replaced. I have some new joints you can have. 1 of the rotors are froze to the pads. Complete with calipers and stock steering arm. The calipers may be no good, but will work for a core. "2 GM 3988517 11 41 5 78"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. blublaz

blublaz 1/2 ton status

i dont need the 10 bolt axle but i really need the 8 lug conversion stuff .....would you seperate everything from the backing plates out for me? please ive been searching all over......i got a knife and sword collection worth about 250$ i could trade or we could partial trade and money or just money .....im kinda working on a budget so thats why the trade stuff hook a brother up thanks Don

9. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Possibly. I'm not really interested in any trades though. These axles are also for sale on another forum and a member there seems interested in the 10 bolt front and matching rear. If it doesn't sell, I can part it out and ship.

10. blublaz

blublaz 1/2 ton status

ok thanks

11. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

may i ask why u got so many 14b? :D

12. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

I'm not really sure. :D Actually, the are all from scrapping old trucks. I had several more than this, but sold some and threw some away.

13. XHitman396

XHitman396 1/2 ton status

ill take the two axles if you still got 'em... :D

14. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

sale pending response...

:ears:

15. XHitman396

XHitman396 1/2 ton status

check your pm... ;)