Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14 bolt bearing ? help

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 76K5, Dec 14, 2002.

1. 76K5

76K5 Registered Member

hey everybody,
    I'm putting the bearings in the 14 FF bolt and I just want some piece of mind. I packed one side with wheel bearing grease and then realized the are lubed with gear oil so I didn't grease the other side at all before installing.
    Will the dry side be okay if I fill up the Diff and raise the other side to get some fluid in there before I drive. Or should I take the bearings back out and grease them. Thanks for the help
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

2. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

K10ANDYKHAMNIC 1/2 ton status

just take the axleshaft loose and then tilt it till oil comes out , but dont roll it . /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. 76K5

76K5 Registered Member

thanks, one more question, I posted this yesterday but still haven't got a clear answer. Which way to the races go on the install? here is how I did it. I will start with the bearing and race closest to the tire and work inward toward the ring gear. The race closest to the wheel has the skinny part facing the the outside(toward the wheel). The other race(the larger one closest to the ring gear) has the skinny part facing the ring gear. As Shaggy said they are a mirror image of each other. Is this correct or doesn't anyone have a breakdown they can scan. Thanx. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif