Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14 BOLT BRAKES?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mudddog91, Jul 22, 2001.

1. mudddog91

mudddog91 1/2 ton status

hEY GUYS ANYONE HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE DRUM BRAKE WHEEL CYLINDERS ON THE 14 BOLT FF?iVE REBUILT MY WHEEL CYLINDERS AND FOR SOME REASON THE DRIVERS SIDE PISTON AND SEAL POPS OUT PUKING BRAKE FLUID EVERY WHERE!!!!!!!!Also can someone point me to the area of the proportioning valve that is supposed to be pushed in to bleed the rear brakes?It calls to do this when ever you bleed the rear brakes,has to do with the safety valve that allows only front or rear systems to work if one or the other fails??????

2. rock.monkey

rock.monkey 1/2 ton status

buy new wheel cylinders.

Bill Innes
    88' Jimmy

Built for <font color=blue>Function</font color=blue> <font color=red>NOT</font color=red> <font color=blue>Fashion</font color=blue>

3. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

If the seal is popping out of the cylinder you have probs. with something in how the shoes are set up. From the factory you can wear away all of the friction material and half of the metal before the seal would even think of comming out. My guess would be: wrong shoes, wrong link pins (that go from the wheel cylinder to the shoe) or star wheel, or being searously out of adjustment.

'71 Blazer CST w/ a 400sbc, 4" lift, 36" Supper Swampers, and alot of rust

4. woody9

woody9 1/2 ton status

I'm with the earlier post. Just go with 'new' cyl's! With the warranty on 'em.... less time messing with rebuild they're worth it!

Do it once, and do it right!