Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14 bolt deal

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 76K5, Dec 27, 2001.

1. 76K5

76K5 Registered Member

I found a kickbutt deal on a 14 bolt out of a 1978 3/4 ton 2wd truck. What mods besides the trick u-joint will I have to do? SOme have told me I will have to reweld the spring perches, some say it will bolt right up. What's the real deal? Thanks for the help.

If in doubt, gun it.

2. hammer

hammer 1/2 ton status

Not sure either but check with a tape measure and you will find out and if they have to be moved you can weld them at any angle you want so you don't need to shim the axle

<font color=red>Let me at it I can break it</font color=red>

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

If this is going under your 76 the perches will be fine but the shock mounts on the diff will need to be moved up a bit. You'll also need a hybrid U-joint...I can never remember the PN# though.

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/project_T2> tRusty pics...</a>

4. hammer

hammer 1/2 ton status

How much? there is one the last time I was at the local junk yard for $35 any axle + $5 core charge should have grabbed it but to cold and didn't bring the truck

<font color=red>Let me at it I can break it</font color=red>