Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14 Bolt Disc Brake Conversion Brake Lines?????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Mudbug1979, Jun 3, 2004.

1. Mudbug1979

Mudbug1979 1/2 ton status

When converting over to Disc brakes on a FF 14 bolt, What brake lines do I need to use to to complete this swap? Thanks Ahead. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

3. 45acp

45acp 1/2 ton status

Jeremy, If you will go to our website and look at brake coversions drop down boxes you will find pictures of the required hoses and related parts. We sell this as a kit however if you decide to buy individual parts this will give you a idea what you need.

4. 45acp

45acp 1/2 ton status

5. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

I'm planning on using the old (they are about a year old) stock length rubber front lines. If the sizes are different theres a place close to here that does custom stainless lines cheap for racers. You tell them how long and what fittings. Something like $19 for a 26" front line with banjo bolts.

6. Mudbug1979

Mudbug1979 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the Info, But is there a hose that I could pick up from a Parts house that I could use to make this complete. Could I use the Factory front hoses off of the donor truck that I got the calipers from and make them work? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

7. 45acp

45acp 1/2 ton status

You will need a hose that has either a 10mm or 7/16 banjo bolt end depending on your caliper and the other end will need a fitting that ends in a 3/16 hardline compression fitting. This will connect to your hardline on the axle.

8. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

I'd just go with the AZ-Kickin stuff. By the time you piece together the parts you need, which you won't find them all because AZ-Kickin fabs some of it, you will spend nearly as much or more. The AZ-Kickin kit is complete and good quality. Your problem is, the caliper is going to slide back and forth so you can't just run the hard line into it like the drum setup. So, you need the flex hose. But that hose has to hook up with the hard line somwhere. You would have to fabricate some kind of bracket for the two to meet. That means getting some angle iron or flat metal, drilling it for the hole, bolting it up somewhere, etc. etc. If you have more time than money, you can do it. Sometimes you get what you pay for though.....

9. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

Why are the steel braided hoses not DOT approved?