Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14 Bolt E Break Prob

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by imaginepro, Jun 8, 2004.

1. imaginepro

imaginepro Registered Member

I just Swaped out my Junky 10 Bolt out of my 86 Blazer and put the much bigger 14BFF in it. The 14 Bolt came out of a 76 Pick up. Well Evey thing went fine. the only problem I have run into is that My E Brake Cables Are different. On the 14 Bolt there are cables comming out of both drums and look like they are ment to hook to some cables on each side of the Frame. Well my blazer, and with the old 10 Bolt there are 2 cables that come from the drivers side and go into the drums. The cable just crossed over the axle. So can some one help me or give me some Ideas. Thanks

2. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

I think what you need are cables from a 1 ton setup

3. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

Every body runs into this problem. What I did was fabricated the mounts on the drums a little. You can still use your 10 bolt e cables. What you can do is remove the bracket from your drums, cut the hole at an angle that the brake line fits into and spread it out just enough to put the line through. It is kind of hard to explain but if you look at it long enough you might be able to see what I am talking about. Here are a few pic's of what I did. Don't know how helpful they will be /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    the big hands in the pic are of my Father in law. He is the brains behind all of the projects /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. imaginepro

imaginepro Registered Member

thaks you guys I'll try that and if I can't get it to work i'll go to the junk yard thanks /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif