Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14 bolt emergency brake cable guide

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by nerraw117, Jan 13, 2007.

1. nerraw117

nerraw117 1/2 ton status

I have a 14bolt out of a 79 K20. Anyway, I was trying to hook the e-brake back up, (PO removed the cables on the axles), and on the backing plate, there is a hole where it appears a plate bolts on to hold the ebrake cable. My friends 14bolt out of an 87 burban has a formed in place on the backing plate for the ebrake cable to stick through.

Does anyone know where I can find this 'plate'? The junkyards around here are rather slim on 14bolts. Anyone reading this done a disc brake swap and still have the backing plates laying around with this piece on them?

Thanks guys.

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Any yard that may have an '83 and newer 14 bolt rear will work for your year of rig. Even the semi-floater rear will work, too. Most of the rears in these years are semi-floaters anyways.

3. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

Yep. The 13" semi-float backing plate up intil the late 90's with work on the 14bFF (so long as its the 2.5" wide drums/shoes.)

4. nerraw117

nerraw117 1/2 ton status

yards around here really dont have 14 bolts. anyone know how i can order what i need?

5. resurrected_jimmy

resurrected_jimmy 1/2 ton status

somebody on here will have what you need... put a post in the parts wanted section. I have a set I would send you for the cost of shipping if I weren't 14,000 miles from my garage