Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14 bolt F.F. questions

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Daveytree, Feb 3, 2001.

1. Daveytree

Daveytree Registered Member

As some of you may know my truck went up in flames on my way to Arizona. I am down for now but, there is another K5 in my future hopefully soon.
    Here is my question. I may have the opportunity to pick up a 2 wheel drive 3/4 ton to get around in until I can afford the truck I want. I was wondering if the 14 bolt in the 2wd would work for a rearend swap? My old truck had 3/4 ton but all the stuff came out of a 4wd. I just needed to know if there was any differences. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

i got my ff out of a 2 wheeler....its still in the garage, but all the measurements jived...from what ive read on here, they are all the same, thats why i got mine..looks like you got a good driver that will supply a rear axle!![​IMG]

AIRBORNE!!

3. Daveytree

Hey thanks for the info. Very helpful in my decision.

4. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

As long as the rearend is from a 3/4 ton donor truck, it will work. If you had a one ton, the spring perches are closer together and the shock mounts are opposite sides of each other.
    There also is a difference in 2WD and 4WD rearends. The 2WD shock mounts hang down lower than the 4WD's. Just if you have a 2WD rear, make sure your shocks, if you get new ones, are longer than the specified 4WD length. Generally, add approx. 2 more inches to the shocks for the longer travel.

5. Daveytree

Thanks for the info about the shock mounts. I had no idea about that but I figured somebody would.