Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14 bolt ff disc conversion question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bad_bo_ti, May 19, 2002.

1. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

I was looking on ORU's website and noticed they include a proportioning (sp?) valve, has anyone used one or is just the regular lines ok? thanks chris

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I think every case varies to whether you think you need or want to run it.

IMO, ORU offers it as part of the kit so they can rape you for more $$$.

BTW, how do you like their rear disc kit with the e-brake option for $1500? /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif Talk about an a$$ reaming!! /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

3. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

oh yea i now they are giving people a good old fashion a$$ reaming. i was just looking at there site to see what was all in the kit. thanks

4. thebigdaddyof2

thebigdaddyof2 1/2 ton status

I have done several of these swaps- (including a long bed truck) and have yet to have the need for a proportioning valve.

5. efilnikufecin

efilnikufecin 1/2 ton status

i bought some brackets from a guy in the forums i cant remember his screen name,but i got the brackets for 2 pair for $100.i did not use e-brakes so i got all the parts i needed to complete the job for just under $200 i know a e-brake set up runs alot more but ORU is a rip off.i did not used a proportioning valve.when i had them power bled a guy at the garage said i could use one for the back. to get more fluid to the back.i didn't bother with it and the whole set up brings 42's to a halt in a hurry