Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14-bolt FF dually info

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by RodeoRob, Nov 27, 2001.

1. RodeoRob

RodeoRob Registered Member

hey, was wondering if you guys can provide an outsider with some info. I ran across a Jeeper running a 14bff dually on his Jeep, of course with single wheels, because its only 62" wide in this configuration... perfect for those non-fullsize rigs.

I was looking at a D60 FF and cutting it down to length with custom shafts... but i like the idea of something i wouldn't have to touch and being able to stick with 'standard' shafts.

Now, i'm familar with the 14bff, helped blazin86 install his... but not familar with the dually axles. what, if any, modifications am i looking at to run a dually axle with single wheels? Also, what models and years can i find the 14bff dually axle? they came off 1.5 tons right? what years?

Thanks
    -Rob

1995.5 Isuzu Rodeo

2. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

They came off of 1 ton trucks 73-97. All you need to do is buy a different wheel thats ment for a single wheel axle (any 8 lug wheel as long as its not meant for a dually).

86Jimmy 4"&35"MTRs,87 burb 4"&35"MT,69Firebird w/525 hp,and 70GTO live in PHX,AZ<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>My vehicles</a>

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I can't verify any dimensions...but the 14 FF dually axle was used in two wheel and 4 wheel drive trucks as well as cab and chassis models. You should be able to snag one almost free...[​IMG]

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/project_T2> tRusty pics...</a>

4. pcorssmit

pcorssmit 1/2 ton status

I believe what you are looking for is an axle from a cab-and-chassis. Pickup dually rears are wider than single wheel axles, but the cab-and-chassis rears are (at least in manny cases, if not all) narrower. I have also seen a box Bronco running a dually 70 rear (perhaps from a brand F or D?) that was fairly narrow. Bottom line, with something like this, look before you buy.

Pete

'83 K5, 350 TBI (ex 6.2), 700R4, NP208, Dana 60/14 bolt, 4.56s, Detroits, 3" lift, 15-39.5x15 TSLs
    '97 Dodge 2500 4x4 CC LB Sport, Cummins 5 spd

5. jwduke

jwduke 1/2 ton status

A dually rearend is the same width as a regular 1t. Spring perches are 1" narrower than 1/2t &amp; 3/4t's.

1 ton '87 Chevy SWB in the making!