Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14 Bolt FF Full Spool

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by slimlynn1, Apr 28, 2005.

1. slimlynn1

slimlynn1 1/2 ton status

2. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

It's made by Yukon. Same people that make Yukon gears..... Supposedly very nice, but haven't seen one in person yet or see people post who have them..

Another option is a mini spool from Sandy Cone..

3. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

I run a mini spool from http://www.ouversonengineering.com/ in mine. As easy to instal as spiders or a detroit and works like a champ.

I loved my mini, but may be selling it in the near future to step up on the rockwell project. Randy at Ouverson will get all my biz on that stuff too. The guy is AWESOME!

KP

4. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

The only reason I see to run a full spool in a 14bff is if you have a govlock carrier and want a spooled rearend. Otherwise you would be just as good with a mini-spool or a welded spiderball.

You will have to pay more for a full spool then have to reset the gears ontop of that cost. A mini-spool or a good welded spider ball should be plenty strong enough to handle anything you can through at it. And you are not going to break a 14bff carrier. The ring and pinion or axleshafts will fail long before the carrier will.

Harley