Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14 bolt FF identification? And parts...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BozoWise, Jul 25, 2005.

1. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

Is it a correct "assumption" that a 14 bolt with this rear cover is a FF http://coloradok5.com/techpics/gmcorp14bolt10.jpg

Or am I just making an ass out of U and Me? I am a bit confused on an easy way to tell if I have a FF or SF without a teardown.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2005
  2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

yes and it will have a hub like area in the middle of the tire with 8 bolts. the semi float will not have the hub.:wink1:

3. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

Thanks. I just got back from the shop. I pulled the 8 3/4" bolts and slid the axels out. Now to order my disk brake goodies ;-)

I did notice that someone must not have put them back together correctly after a brake job or teardown. I am missing on of the washers that has the notch. It goes behind the innermost hub nut. Does anyone know where I could get one?

Last edited: Jul 25, 2005
  4. perp

perp 1/2 ton status

i had to go to the dealer for some of those parts, but they actually were not to expensive

5. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

Guess I'll give our chevy place a try tom. and see if they will let me behind the counter to show them the part on the microfiche. If not it could take awhile there.