Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14 bolt ff in 85 blazert

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 85 blazer, Oct 10, 2002.

1. 85 blazer

85 blazer 1/2 ton status

Just got the 44 in front now to the rear, I have a 4" lift with blocks in rear and with the 14 bolt I need to add shims to the rear also drive shaft mods, turbo 350 208 TC anyone run into this and what did youdo for shims and d-shaft Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

No shims for me.....4 inch tapered blocks and lowered t-case 1". I probably should add some shims, but I've been runnin it like this for a year or more....I won't say it's trouble free...I've gone through 3 or 4 u-joints during that time....Alittle food for thought. /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

3. 85 blazer

85 blazer 1/2 ton status

Already have tapered blocks just dont like the angles. What did you do for a drive shaft? Also dont you get a vibbration on accel?

4. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

I just run the stock driveshaft and have no vibs on acceleration. I have a vib, but it's cause I broke a wheel stud the other day which threw the wheel outta balance. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

5. 85 blazer

85 blazer 1/2 ton status

Installed 4 degree shims now have good angle, just waiting on finding a u joint for it!!!!!!!