Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14 bolt FF measuements

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jeffspower, Apr 15, 2007.

1. jeffspower

jeffspower Newbie

Does anyone have the springpad & wheel flange side-to-side measurements for the 14 bolt FF? I know that the 73-87 3/4 PU, 1 ton PU & van measurements are different- but dont know the numbers. I'm thinking that one out of a one ton will have the same springpad placement as my '72 K20. I know that the van rear is wider & will place the wheel track about the same as the front of a 4x4. Is there hubs that will put a 1 ton PU rear's wheel track the same as the front on a 4x4? If so, would I have to go discs or will the drum goodies still line up?

Thanks

2. b454rat

b454rat 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Any front will bolt in, shocks mounts are a tad off. The rear has the same spacing as a 73-up 1 ton, so one will bolt in. But the shocks mounts, ujoints, etc might be different.

3. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

14ff from a 1 ton has a 40.5" center to center on the spring pads and is a direct bolt in for your 72 K20

4. jeffspower

jeffspower Newbie

Thanks for the info. I have a rear out of a '86 C30 w/ 3.73's I'm thinking about using in it. It's super clean out of a Cali truck- won't need brakes or anything. Same 1350 ujoint as my '72. I guess shock mounts will be the only thing to change. I want the 3.73's to make it more highway friendly. I will probably wait until I come up with a 60 for the front (dang it, I had 2 of them- but sold them) & then use the Eaton/ 44 in my Blazer- which I plan on using a SB400 & 700R4 in. I'm sure I will be puttin gears in the 60- I haven't seen one with 3.73's before.