Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14 Bolt FF rear axle disassembly!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by OL14BLAZ, Oct 3, 2002.

1. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

I have this spare 14bolt that has been in my garage for the past three months. I've decided to tear it down to the bare housing and rebuild it. I know alot of you out there have prolly done this before and I was wondering if there is any tips you can share with me of how to make this go as easy as possible /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif.

I'm not a expert at this /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gifand tonight I've already had a little trouble with the tab that holds the first washer on after you pull the axle shaft out. Don't want to get /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gifand **** something up.

Any suggestions and advice would be appreicated /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Eric /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

Eric, Where in Texas are you??? There's a ton of us here that have done this and you might even be able to hook up with someone to show you!!! To me, a 14FF is twenty times easier to tear down then any other axle!!! So Beefy, it's Easy!!! If you have any direct questions, PM me and I can answer them! later!