Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14 bolt ff rear disc brakes, options???What works and lasts,what doesnt

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by camiswelding, Jul 16, 2003.

1. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

Off road unlimited sells a complete kit but its nearly twice what all the other "get the parts yourself" kits out there. Does anyone have any experience with this and is there a reason why other than "they can" charge that much?
    heres their kit (UNDER PARTS SECTION) http://www.offroadunlimited.com/new/custom/custom_inside_index.html
    Its close to 1400 buckos....and I am unsure if their kits uses caddy calipers... from what I glean other kits can be made for less than half of that with minimal parts searching effort
    can the caddy calipers stand up to the truck use..
    is the caddy ebrake reliable? blazers are heavier than caddies by 1-2k pounds I would say and no one seems to fully address this question in their sites
    cam

2. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

3. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I used azkickin's kit and it's great /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif. I used GM rotors and calipers. Rotors-$25 each Calipers-$15 each Pads-$12. Azkickin also sells the optional hose kit...that I highly recommend (instead of trying to piece your own together)

4. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

we used az-kickins on chevy4wds, just the brackets, hoses and bolts, used 3/4 ton front rotors and 3/4 ton front calipers...works GREAT

5. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

Az kickin it will be then... They were nice enough to write me directly from this post and tell me about their kit... Im waiting for Harry3 to give us an update on the ebrake proto kit they made for him. Its nice to support K5 friendly companies
    cam
    HOW MANY OF YOU NEEDED PROPOTIONING VALVES TO MAKE IT WORK?