Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14 bolt FF Rear question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by SmokinLB7, Mar 24, 2007.

1. SmokinLB7

SmokinLB7 1/2 ton status

I am looking at a 14 bolt full floater rear axle and it came off of a 78 or so dually. I have a few questions?

Is there going to be an issue with making it a single rear wheel?

I was told that it is shorter than the regular 14 bolt rear, what is that going to do for clearance of the rear tires and articulation?

Also, are the spring perches going to be the same width or are they differant?

I am really looking for help quick on this one, and any help is appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.

Zach

2. 76zimmer

76zimmer Flyin Rat Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I think the cab and chassis axles are narrower, not sure about the K30/C30 dually axles though.

3. SmokinLB7

SmokinLB7 1/2 ton status

Thanks for your SPEEEEEED! It was a chassis cab dually. If that helps. So is it going to affect anything?

4. Jason4x4

Jason4x4 1/2 ton status

1 ton spring perches are different, it would need new perches welded on.

5. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

If it a CC 14bff it's going to be tough to relocate the perches since the spring as it is is too close to the drum, putting the springs further out will probably not work.
    Unfortunately I don't have it any more so i can't confirm the numbers, but when i was pulling it off, it was very tight and couldn't get a lot of movement with the wrenches:confused:

6. Jason4x4

Jason4x4 1/2 ton status

If you throw this in thread in the garage, it has a ton more traffic and you will get more help.