Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14 bolt FF snap rings

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by marine_enlisted, May 4, 2004.

1. marine_enlisted

marine_enlisted 1/2 ton status

The snap rings in the hubs on my axle both have an ear broken off. Where can I get new ones? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Junkyard.

3. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Might be able to get them at the stealership but, as Tim said, I'd hit the boneyard...

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

The unfortunate thing about getting that kinda stuff from the dealership is that they'll discontinue it and there will be one halfway across the country and by the time you pay shipping, it will be $$$$$$$$.

I finally bought the warn hub service kit to get the large snap rings that hold in the 4wd hub on my D60. It wasn't exactly cheap but the dealer couldn't get me a snap ring at a reasonable price.

I even tried the Ford dealer since a D60 front is a D60 front same thing......but they wouldn't sell me that ring at all, they wanted to sell me a whole hub for $250. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

5. marine_enlisted

Junkyards around here suck. They crush all older vehicles, and charge $50.00 min to pull a part from the yard.

6. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif Isn't there something in the Constitution about freedom to roam a junkyard for oldass parts.... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

7. marine_enlisted

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Time to write my congressman /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

8. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

Oops, wrong snapring, please disregard.

9. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

We don't stock any dorman that large, but if anyone wants them I can get them, I'd just have to pay freight to get them here.

10. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

I would hit a bearing supply outfit like Kaman Bearing and just order what you need
    Warn can kiss my hairy ass for their overpriced parts kits

any reason you cannot use a normal industrial snap ring in the backward built 14ff hub?
    the stock thing comes out easy once you figure it out but I still would rather have a normal snapring

11. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I agree with you, even my cost on that kit was pathetic IMO.

We don't associate with a bearing outfit like that, we don't sell semi truck parts, and Federal-Mogul makes everything we need for the little vehicles. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

12. marine_enlisted

I ordered them from Randy's Ring and Pinion for $12.00 ea /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif I could have just stuck the bad ones back in after replacing the bearings, but they took about 30 min ea to get out without the ears on them. Don't want to deal with that if I ever have to change a rear bearing again.