Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14 Bolt FF swap

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by headcrash0101, Dec 9, 2003.

1. headcrash0101

headcrash0101 Registered Member

Can anyone tell me what is involved in swapping a 14B FF into my 87 Blazer. Does it matter if it's out of a 2WD or a 4WD. What is the stock pinion angle for an 87 Blazer. With a 6 lift give or take what degree shim should I use front and rear?

2. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Larger u-bolts and a conversion u-joint.

3. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

You may have to change the shock mounts and spring perches depending on what you pulled it out of.

You won't have ot use shims up front, and depends what you're doing for the rear you may not need shims. Make sure to lower the t-case you may need a longer shaft.

4. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

2WD 4WD doesn't really matter shock mounts hang lower on the 2WD is the only bad thing. If it is from a 3/4 ton it will bolt right up if it's from a 1 ton the shock mounts and spring perches have to be moved 1 Ton's are narrower I believe /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif