Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14 Bolt Hub Rebuilding?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 8t7jimmy, Mar 27, 2006.

1. 8t7jimmy

8t7jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Does anyone have information on rebuilding the Hubs on a 14 Bolt? I have all the parts and new bearings and seals, but i need some info on the proper way to reassemble them. When i got the axle, it was disassembled. If i was the one that took them apart, i would be okay.

I have searched, but haven't found anything on the hubs. Pirate has lots of info, but nothing seems to go into detail on the hubs.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ryan

2. big dan

big dan 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I found this information pretty helpful http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billavista/14b_bible/index.html
    but when I had to rebuild mine it was on the side of the road, in the rain, and I had never done it before. Thats how I learned to put one together.

edit: just saw the part where you said pirate didnt help

3. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

its basically like the front. big bearing/race on the back side w/ seal, front smaller bearing w/ spindle nut/lock ring/nuther spindle nut.

4. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

On a 14FF you have to put the outer bearing in first then press the race in from the back side. Then you can put in the large race and the other bearing then the seal. The ID of the hub where the axle flange seals is not large enough to let the bearing and race to come out. I know Billa Vista addressed this in his article.

Ira