Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14 bolt mini spool?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TruckNutzDude, Apr 7, 2004.

1. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

I was looking through the new edition of Petersens and on one of the ad's there was a mini spool for a 14 bolt. Did anybody else see it or have any information on it. I'd really like to know if this is for a full floating rear end. For $189 it beats welded gears and is still $150 cheaper than a detroit!

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

It doesn't beat welded gears. Welded gears are free and do the exact same thing.

3. ben427

ben427 1/2 ton status

Yeah id just weld them too, same amount of work to take them apart, id just take them toa god welder for some cash and get it done up.

4. burbBoy

burbBoy 1/2 ton status

Weld it! I have welded mine and 2 others and havent broken any of them. There is so much welding surface its not a concern.

5. scoutillac

scoutillac 1/2 ton status

How did the oops so there I was jeep wreck happen. That was a big mess. Sorry about the hi-jack

6. GMCLegacy

GMCLegacy 1/2 ton status

i wasnt a witness to the jeep "accident waiting to happen" accident, but i saw the aftermath.

2 jeeps on 1 big triaxle trailer meant for a dump truck, being pulled behind a single rear wheel chevy. the jeeps were orignially held onto the trailer with one yellow 10k lb ratchet strap to each bumper (2 per rig). a little sway in the trailer while cresting a hill, results in the pictures.

and to not totally hijack the post....

i have a detriot in my 14b, and after seeing 4 other guys in the club with welded spiders, i should have saved my 300 bucks a fired up the miller.

7. widowmaker

widowmaker Registered Member

i think welding is a bomb waiting to happens and why is that you guys start talk about a jeep accident and dont show any pics. /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

8. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

I have no problems with welding the spiders. I was just wondering if anybody's considered the mini spool. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

9. GMCLegacy

GMCLegacy 1/2 ton status

i have never seen anyone's welded spiders blow up, and burbboy's rig is an example of a welded spider'ed 14bolt that has been through hell and back. if they blow up, id like to hear and see personally accounts.

the jeep talk pics can been seen on burbboys pics link.

i would save your 189 bucks, and weld'r