Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14 Bolt needed

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by fink, Jun 12, 2004.

1. fink

fink Registered Member

Looking for a 14 Bolt w/ 4:10 gears 40" center-to-center spring perch width (I think this is standard on all K-30 & 1 ton vans) shock mounts arent a concern as well as drums. Will pay more for a locker needs to be within a two hour driving distance of colorado springs. thanks

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

If you don't mind getting sweaty, there are usually plenty of 14 bolt rears at A1 Auto Recyclers on the south end of town. They get $75 for a complete unit. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Just a couple of weeks ago there was a complete one under a 3/4-ton pickup that was already unbolted and ready to carry away. I know, because ktedesco and I unbolted it, so we could get the springs off of the truck! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif That one doesn't have the mounts in the right spots, but they aren't terribly difficult to move.

It only costs $1 to get in the place, then you can wander around to your hearts content. The GM vans are way at the back of the property, on the left side. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif Oh yeah, they provide wheelbarrows to haul your tools and smaller parts around in. If you ask nicely, I'll bet the guys working the lot with the front loader would pick up the axle and load it up for ya. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

3. fink

fink Registered Member

A-1 off las vegas s. end of town ? ok ill check it out , thanks

4. ktedesco

ktedesco 1/2 ton status

Also check out the "For Sale" section of colorado4x4.org, I saw a 14bff with 4.10's on there not too long ago. It was pretty cheap IIRC. I was at A1 the other day and the axle Harry and I unbolted had the gears and carrier stripped out. I did see an other one that was missing the axle shafts but those could be found easily.

5. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Go to the very end of Las Vegas, then turn right. A1 is just a short ways down the road, on your right. They're next to the paintball place. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Harry

6. fink

fink Registered Member

hey harry that was the truck i got rid of, marroon k-30 w/ 14 bolt split on top, they didnt have anything but i did find one @ dans auto salvage. thanks for the leads.. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif