Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14 bolt. pinion, carrier, shafts in Chicago area

Discussion in 'General Parts for Sale' started by laketex, Sep 8, 2003.

1. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Due to me ripping half the teeth off my ring gear, I was forced to buy an entire junkyard axle Sunday. But hey, it was worth it since I got a free t-shirt /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif!

Anyways, since we were in the suburban, I had to pull the good stuff out and leave the rest. Here's what I have for sale. There are a couple of scratches in the carrier bearings, but they should be ok. These are from a '77 C-20 pickup with a SRW FF 14 bolt.

Open carrier with or without spiders $50
    Pair of axleshafts w/ gaskets $50
    4.10 Pinion gear setup w/gasket $50
    Diff cover (slight dings, but still good) $20
    Bearing caps $20

All prices are plus shipping. Special deals to anyone who buys more than one thing. $120 for all of it! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Bearing caps $20

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

You robbed that 14FF of its most important item of the whole assembly!!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Without the caps, that housing is pure junk. Not even another set of caps will work since then the bearing surface would need to be machined to make it true. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

You screwed the yard over of the rest of that housing! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif You forkin' thief!!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Bearing caps $20

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

You robbed that 14FF of its most important item of the whole assembly!!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Without the caps, that housing is pure junk. Not even another set of caps will work since then the bearing surface would need to be machined to make it true. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

You screwed the yard over of the rest of that housing! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif You forkin' thief!!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

yes he did, hehe
    oops.

it would be the exact same as trying to use main caps frmo one 350 on another one just like it, wont work without align-boring and careful checking

4. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

so i guess that means that I wont have much luck selling the old ones then????hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Btw, I bought the whole forkin axle and just left some there for them to make money on in scrap. So no I did not steal anything....I actually left them parts. Maybe they'll sell the drums or something. haha /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. BIGJ

BIGJ 1/2 ton status Author

I'll take that cover from ya, as long as it's straight enough to seal up.

BIGJ

6. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

crap, i just sent you a package....you mean i've gotta deal with fed ex AGAIN??? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. BIGJ

BIGJ 1/2 ton status Author

Sorry dude, but I couldn't resist the chance to get TWO packages from laketex in one month /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

You want a check or MO? I can send it paypal too, just let me know what you want to do.

BIGJ