Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14 bolt question, asked plenty of times but i have no clue

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, Apr 2, 2004.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Got a 1 ton 2wd 14 bolt today. How much do I have to move my spring perches? Shock mounts I know but thats fine gonna inboard them and all anyway.

2. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Cut the spring perches off your 1 ton 14b. Make the tube all smooth and pretty. Wheel 1 ton 14b under the truck, attach new perches to the bottom of the spring pack making sure that the center pin is in the locating hole in the perch, and lift axle up into perches. Measure from the outside of the perch to the flange that the drum backing plate bolts too and make this distance the same on both sides. Also make sure perches are 42.5" apart on center. 1 ton perches are 40.5". (measure twice, cut, or in this case, weld once.) Use another jack under the pinion to rotate it to the correct angle, then tack the perches to the tube. The rest is easy....Lower it down and weld it up. I'm sure there are different methods/variations to doing this, but this is how I have done it. /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I like that method. works for me.