Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14 bolt question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by FRIZZLEFRY, May 25, 2001.

1. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

Ive had my eye on this truck by my work for almost 2 years and its never moved .Its had a for sale sign for the past year and since the air cleaner is on the roof I would say it dont run.All I want is the body.No dents no rust and a good int.I stopped by on my way home to look at it last night.Its a 74 c 20 350/350 and a 14 bolt.Its got center caps on the wheels so I cant see the ends of the axle.Its got 14 bolts and that bolt on pinion bearing retainer .Is this a ff or should I pull the wheels to check.I only wanted the body but has a 14ff this would be a plus : ).

All work and no beer makes Frizz a dull boy

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I don't think that the semi-floater 14-bolts showed up until much later. That 74 is probably a full-floater.

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://ThunderTruck.ColoradoK5.com>http://ThunderTruck.ColoradoK5.com</A>
    It's a great day to be alive...

3. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I am very postive for that year it is a FF. The SF didnt come out until '81 as standard equipment. The FF's in the 81 on up were options.

When In Doubt, Whip It Out!

4. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

I called at lunch to see what they wanted for it but the guy dont get home til 7.My feeling is that the guy thinks its f*** ing gold and wants too much for it and thats why it hasent sold.I called on another one a couple of weeks ago that had the 350/350 in the bed all torn appart with a hole in the side of the block and between the bed and the cab there was probably a gallon of bondo on it .The dude wanted $1700 for it. :o

All work and no beer makes Frizz a dull boy