Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14 bolt question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Hardcore, May 15, 2003.

1. Hardcore

Hardcore 1/2 ton status

I've started looking for Dana60/14 bolt combo. The Dana 60 is a little tough. I've found a few 14 bolt full floaters but they are on late model trucks. (Mid 90's) Is there any difference. My truck has rear ABS and I guess there may be some conflict if GM changed the ABS system. Do I need to stick with 73-87 axles??? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

Thanks,

Corey

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

first off if you ever plan on swapping to rear disk brake you can't use those axles. im not sure on the wms on those but it MAY be different. and you would have to grind the spring perches off and weld new one on. as far as abs, ive never seen it hooked to the differential on a GM, only a ford

3. Hardcore

Hardcore 1/2 ton status

WMS??? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I did want to convert to rear disks. I didn't realize the spring perches were different. I guess I need to look for a 87 or earlier then. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Corey

4. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

WMS=Wheel Mount Surface /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif