Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14 bolt r&p master install kit

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by cegusman, Feb 11, 2003.

1. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

What is all included in the kit? Why dothe kits cost so much more than the ones for other axles (dana 44 for example $75 vs. $145)? What is the cheapest you have found one for?

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> They cost more because the bearings are huge and there's more of them. I think I paid $118 for mine when I bought all of my other axle stuff at the same time from Drivetrain Direct. </font color>

3. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

Randys R &amp; P sold me mine for cheaper than that. I don't remember exactly how much, but it was cheaper than that.
    -- Mike

4. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

I just called randys ring and pinion, and the best price he could give me was $131 plus shipping.

5. tarussell

tarussell 1/2 ton status

You should get both carrier bearings and races along w/ the two pinion tappered roller bearings/races and the pinion pilot cylindrical roller bearing / a crush sleeve / new ring gear bolts / pinion depth shims / pinion nut / pinion yoke seal / gear marking compound ( get the GM stuff - it is usually better ) a small tube of thread locker and a little brush / instuctions on gear set up and gear breakin .

I think that the Dana kits are cheaper due to the fewer bearings / different style of shims and some of the parts in certain Dana axles are interchangable therefore makes them cheaper( supply &amp; demand )