Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14 bolt rear worth 200.00

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by agrezy1, Jan 10, 2003.

1. agrezy1

agrezy1 Registered Member

at the bone yard today found a 73 van with a 14 bolt dont know if it is dana 70 or corprate 14 bolt i can get it for 200.00 and they will pull it my question is it worth 200.00 and how much do they cost to get rebuilt apprx.and how low of a gear can you get it will go in my 81 burb and then what front end should i look for,i currently running 12 bolt rear 10 bolt front /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

2. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Well, I'd say $200 is reasonable if it's in good swappable condition (ie, no brake work needed, no bad seals, etc).
    HOWEVER, that will not be a direct swap into your 'burb. Van's are wider, and in order for it to bolt into your truck, you'll need to have the spring perches relocated. Not a big deal, but you'll need to know someone with a welder. As for front...just get an 8 lug front with matching gears. That's right, eight lug, which means you'll also need to invest in some new rims. The front will either be a 10 bolt or dana 44, but they are very comparable strength-wise. Then again, you can always drop $1000 on a Dana 60. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

$200 for an axle that will most likely have 3:73 gears and will have to be regeared if you intend on running tires bigger that 33's.
    No way. $50
    Scour the nickle ads or whatever classified paper ya have, you can usualy score a whole rig for that much.

4. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

id look on local boards. round here they are $100 and can be had with 4.56.

i believe the lowest you can get is 5.13, so if you want any deeper of a gear get the dana 70.
    Ryan

5. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Just ask, sometimes you can buy the whole truck for the same price. Pull out the rearend out yourself and part out the rest of the truck and make some of your $$$ back.
    I was going to offer $50 for the glass out of the tailgate of a blazer and the guy told me he sold the whole blazer the day before for $50. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

6. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

It all depends on your location.. Around where I live $200 is a very good deal. I picked mine up for $200 and it had 4.10's and needed new brakes, that was all. The local yards wanted $500 for this axle. I could have got one cheaper online but shipping would have been at least $100 alone, so it all comes down to what is the going rate in your area.