Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14 bolt #s

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by hi pinion, Dec 20, 2003.

1. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Hello . rjfguitar and i are searching for the #s for the different 14 bolts that had 513s in them.Id like to know wich ones you dont have to move the spring perches to fit in a 85 blazer.what (if any) newer chevs had them?he only lives 100 mi away and im sure between the 2 of us we should be able to find something!!!Moving the spring perches should be no big deal if we can find the right axle.YOURS TRULY HI PINION /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

AFAIK, no 14FF ever came stock with 5.13's. But pretty much any 3/4ton 14FF will bolt right up /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

1ton's and maybe the vans you'll have to move the perches.

3. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

i was told that some of them did.i was told it was an (option)in some vehicles ,i think that the actual gearing for that was 514.if my source is correct /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

If some did, its news to me. Good luck finding one if its true /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

actually, another meber told me that some 88-98 C3500 hd trucks have them /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif YT HP

6. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Look for RPO code HC7 for 5.13's. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

5.13's and 5.14's could be found in a 14BFF but nothing in a 3/4 ton that I know of. They were only an option in cab and chassi and hopefully vans. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I have all the tools ever needed to move the spring perches and shock mounts so I can do that for Hi pinion. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

it is possible some of the vans could get 5.13 also i need to check GM RPO book sheets for the 30 series cab and chassis and pickups to see if 5.13 was available, ill be back later with what i find out, if anything at all, but im pretty sure nothing over 4.56 for 73-up, but in 72-older there was 4.57 in the eaton corp axles 20 and 30 series it was std equipment ratio those years

apparently 3.21 existed: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2449308304&category=33731

9. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

The lowest gear that I know of that came stock in 14's was 4.56. That came in military (m1008 I believe) rearends with detroit lockers. Then again, I may be wrong and you might be able to find one with stock 5:13's. As far as moving the spring perches and shock mounts, 3/4 ton 14's will fit right in place. If you get it out of a 1 ton though, the spring perches will have to be moved 2", or (each perch exactly 1" towards the brake drum), and the shock mounts will have to be reversed. I hope that helps.
    -Harrison

10. rjfguitar

I have looked at the GM code book and found a lot of cab and chassi trucks that had an option for 5.14's. There was numerous axle codes for 73' later 14B's with 5.13's and 5.14's. The problem is that they are just very rare but they DO exist. Moving the spring perches and shock mounts is unquestionable because no 3/4ton will have 5.13's.
    I told hi pinion to look for one but if he doesn't find one to buy a regular 3/4 or van 14b here for $100 and just rebuild it.

11. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Thank you everyone for the usefull information.Hopefully i just might find the axle i need here locally!theres wrecking yards o'plenty here.Not many lifted blazers though . I would like to nail it down to a specific year,and vehicle, mabey,then go grab it if i can find it(wish it was that easy).Thanks again all for the info, YT HP /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

ok ,so everyone here is calling it 513s, is it?or are we rounding down to 513s?mabey some were 513 and some were 514? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. rjfguitar

[ QUOTE ]
    mabey some were 513 and some were 514? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yep, and I wouldn't be looking for only one certain year and vehicle because you are almost sure not to find one then, I would find out as many vehicles that had that option and look for any of them. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

14. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Like I said in another post, the 88-98 bodystyle cab and chassis C3500HD's came with 4.56 from the factory with the only option being 5.13 AFIAK. I used to have an old brochure that proved it, it's probably at my mom's house somewhere.

15. tarussell

tarussell 1/2 ton status

As far as I know the 1988 and up Cab Chassis ( eight lug ) trucks with a 14 bolt offered up to 4.56 and the HD3500 Cab Chassis ( five/ten lug ) trucks offered the 4.63 / 5.13 ratio's ( the axle was a Dana 80 ) .
    GM most definetely offered a 5.13/5.14 gear for the 14FF but I think it only came in P series Vans or a specific application truck chassis ( like an airport transporter or a street sweeper chassis that GM was contracted to produce and several motor home chassis ) .
    I doubt that one will be found with the correct spring pad widths as our trucks ( K5,K10,K20's )but Ya never know. It is amazing the options that you can find digging through the code books of different applications.
    Good luck , Tom

16. rjfguitar

[ QUOTE ]
    GM most definetely offered a 5.13/5.14 gear for the 14FF but I think it only came in P series Vans or a specific application truck chassis ( like an airport transporter or a street sweeper chassis that GM was contracted to produce and several motor home chassis ) .

[/ QUOTE ] I hope so because what we want to find is a van 14BFF. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    [ QUOTE ]
    I doubt that one will be found with the correct spring pad widths as our trucks ( K5,K10,K20's )but Ya never know. It is amazing the options that you can find digging through the code books of different applications.
    Good luck , Tom

[/ QUOTE ] Spring pad width is no prob because they can just be moved, When I wen't through a code book at the wrecking yard I was suprised how many 5.13 and 5.14 14BFF's there is but the question is how many of them were actually manufactured and used. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

17. tarussell

tarussell 1/2 ton status

Are Ya'll looking for one out of a "G" series Van or a "P" series Van ? I have never heard of a higher numerically gear from a "G" series Van than a 4.56 , but a "P" series Van did offer a 5.13/5.14 gear fairly common for MANY years .

18. rjfguitar

[ QUOTE ]
    Are Ya'll looking for one out of a "G" series Van or a "P" series Van ? I have never heard of a higher numerically gear from a "G" series Van than a 4.56 , but a "P" series Van did offer a 5.13/5.14 gear fairly common for MANY years .

[/ QUOTE ]
    I have no idea what the difference in "p" and "g" vans are, never been a big fan of vanginas. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

19. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

It sounds like this is a rare option,it might be tough to find,it is supprising we havent run into anyone here yet who has actually found one,and used it /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif,because it sounds like it would be the ideal axle to use due to the fact at best,all you would have to do is move some spring perches,for the timebeing and add all your detroit,arb or whatever on at a later time if money is concerned.anyway keep up the info comming in,YT HP =one wife, one son, a horse and buggy and some WAGON WHEELS /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

20. tarussell

tarussell 1/2 ton status

A "G" series Van is what most of us know as a GM Van ( just like a passenger van or a luxury van ) and a "P" series Van is like a bread truck or a commercial delivery van or a small Fed Ex Van .
    The "G" series Van has a three inch or so wider WMS than a C/K series truck and a "P" series Van is a little wider WMS than a "G" series Van .
    I have seen a "P" series Van with 5.13's and if you can find a SRW version it might be just right for a slightly wider rear axle in our trucks .
    NEVRENUF had a "P" series Van SRW axle in his 1980 K-10 and the width looked real good compared to the front track width.
    It will be hard to find but they are out there - just look for the Vans that looked like a bread truck .
    Good luck , Tom