Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14 bolt SF 6 lug

Discussion in 'Suspension | Axle' started by Liberator, Feb 11, 2005.

1. Liberator

Liberator 1/2 ton status

14 bolt semi-floater 6 lug from a 1988 p/u, same track width as stock 10 bolt, 3.73 gears, New spring perches and shock mounts already welded, ready to bolt into blazer, w/e-brake cables.

Make an offer!

Will ship freight to " Hold at dock" for pickup, you pay shipping. I can get discounted shipping rates! Please don't ask for shipping rates unless you are serious about buying.

Axle 14SF.jpg

Last edited: Apr 13, 2005
  2. mrpoorboy

mrpoorboy Registered Member

you still have this axle available?

3. XHitman396

XHitman396 1/2 ton status

ya caught my attention, but i haven't shopped around enough to make offer, gimme a ballpark..

4. Liberator

Liberator 1/2 ton status

I'm asking $500 OR best offer. I paid $600 from the wrecking yard. I promptly began work relocating the spring perches and shock mounts for the blazer. The axle was in a new truck when it was wrecked. I put about 5,000 miles on it before I put the truck into storage. This is a 6-lug that will work with stock rims. All I need for shipping quotes is a zip. Just tell me what you think it's worth to you. Keep in mind the axle is fairly new and will bolt directly into the blazer (need a conversion u-joint 1310/1350) when you price search.

5. k5james

k5james 1/2 ton status

I'm definitely interested. Some unexpected costs have seriously reduced my Ford 9" allownce so I'm weighing some other options. Will it fit 15x8 rims and would there be an issue swapping it on a 72 Blazer other than moving the perches? Also, where are you in SoCal? Let me know.

6. Liberator

Liberator 1/2 ton status

It will fit 15x8 rims but I'm not sure what will be required to get it under a '72. I'm in Tustin near the I-5 and 55 Fwy interchange, about 1 1/2 hrs from SD. I'll be taking it to the offroad swapmeet in Rialto on the 20th.

7. Liberator

Liberator 1/2 ton status

Ready to ship

Ok, I pulled the axle from the truck and it's ready to ship! I can't believe no one wants this thing! It's a direct bolt in with new u-bolts, a conversion u-joint and it's 6 LUG! Bolt-in 6 lug beef! Those of you that want some serious beef in the rear end without going through the whole 8-lug fiasco should consider this axle. Just make a reasonable offer. The axle has low miles, is lighter than a FF, has a 6-lug bolt pattern, works with stock rims, drum brakes work great with the stock proportioning system, 9.5" ring gear, better ground clearance than a full-floater, and is very strong! If you aren't planning on touching the clouds with lift height, hacking the hell out of your body to run tires taller than you and never plan on running them, you don't need a FF. The SF 14 bolt is a 3/4 ton axle and plenty strong for wheeling! Did I mention it's 6-lug so it'll work with stock rims?

8. 4x4k20

4x4k20 1/2 ton status

i need it but it needs to fit a 98 z71 so you would need to move the perches again:mad: does it have the locker?

9. Liberator

Liberator 1/2 ton status

No locker. I have a buddy that did just that in his '96 Z-71. He used the truck to tow his boat until the 10 bolt blew apart. He doesn't worry anymore with the SF in his truck. I talked him out of a FF because he had some nice rims that were 6-lug. The axle dropped right into his truck, unlike mine. He even gained a wider track width by using a 2wd axle. The one I have for sale is a 4wd so it's the same track width as my 87 Blazer. If you can find a 6-lug SF I'd say go for it! I'll take a 6-lug Semi-floater 14 over a 10 bolt anyday!

10. mrpoorboy

mrpoorboy Registered Member

hmmmmm

the wheels are turnin

11. johnnyclueless

johnnyclueless Registered Member

Have you sold it yet - I might be interested - I have a pretty week 12 bolt with weak gears in my 78 - I'm at 85250

12. Liberator

Liberator 1/2 ton status

TT for pic

13. dmanblazer

dmanblazer 1/2 ton status

I really need that rearend but I can't afford $500. My 12 bolt is about to go out.

14. dmanblazer

dmanblazer 1/2 ton status

Let's see if we can make some kind of deal? ttt