Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14 Bolt SF or 14 Bolt FF with 8 to 6 Lug Adapter

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by James90, Jan 30, 2003.

1. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

I have a 90 with 33s and may to to 35s with 10Bs and 3.08s I want to put 4.10s in it but in the stock crap so I was thinking about a 12b but heard that that they have a weak pinion so what about a 14B SF I have not heard any thing bad about them then I found thes 8 to 6 lug adapter from Echobit 8 to 6 lug adapter and if that would work then I could have a 14b FF in the rear.

The reason I dont want to go 1ton is that I have 2 nice set of 6 lug rims and this blazer is not going to see any real hard stuff maybe alittle mud no rocks.

I am going to build another one for that

what do yall think about the SF or FF with adapter

Thanks

2. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

SF would probably be easier and you wouldn't need an adapter if you can find a six-lug setup.

Lockers and gears are a little more expensive for the SF though so try to pick one up with the right ratio.

3. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

i just picked up 2 8 lug and 2 6 lug wheels brand new for less than that adapter.

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Personally I'd go with the 14 Bolt FF and the adaptors. Doing that will also space the rear tires out more so they'll line up with the fronts. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif The FF is stronger then a SF in my opinion anyways. If you'll have to change gears up front, might be cheaper to upgrade to a 3/4 Ton front with the 8 lugs. Then you'd just need to get different wheels.