Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14 bolt SF question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by firefighter184, Nov 22, 2004.

1. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

Guy on another board is selling a 14b SF for 25 smackers. Wheel the truck pretty hard, looking to go to 35's. I figure the SF will work, haven't broke the 10bolts after a year of hard wheelin. Will the SF for 25 smackers be a good deal? I'll probably go to a 3/4 ton front 10 bolt in the spring. Also, will my 15 inch wheels fit on the SF?

Thanks guys.

2. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

John,

For $25. I would do it. The 14BSF is a good choice for mild 4 whelling. My brother ran one for years in a Sub with 35's all over Tellico and Moab. I had on with my fullsize K5 with a 454 and Doubler. I broke an axle twice- one time power braking in double low with the brakes on hard looking for axle wrap, and another time when I was doing some good burnouts with 38's. You could also find some axles/drums from a 6 lug 14BSF, and keep your same wheels.

Picture time- my bro's Sub with 6 lug 14BSF on Pritchet Canyon a few years ago:
    [​IMG]

3. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

Hell yeah its a good deal. There was one for 500 bucks i think. I looked all over for one to swap into my buddies tahoe, couldnt find one. 6 or 8 lug?

4. socal chevy

socal chevy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Guy on another board is selling a 14b SF for 25 smackers. Wheel the truck pretty hard, looking to go to 35's. I figure the SF will work, haven't broke the 10bolts after a year of hard wheelin. Will the SF for 25 smackers be a good deal? I'll probably go to a 3/4 ton front 10 bolt in the spring. Also, will my 15 inch wheels fit on the SF?

Thanks guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

What set-up are you running with the 10 bolts?.. Re-gear? What size tires/lift? What size engine? What year truck? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

5. firefighter184

Eight lug, but I'll probably try to go to six lug so I can keep my wheels...

6. firefighter184

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

Thanks guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

What set-up are you running with the 10 bolts?.. Re-gear? What size tires/lift? What size engine? What year truck? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Running 33x12.50's, 3.73 gears, 4 inch lift, 350 motor, 89 K5.