Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14 bolt sf

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jerseyk5, Jan 26, 2001.

1. jerseyk5

jerseyk5 Registered Member

I just blew my 10 bolt rear for the 3rd time today. Does anyone no if a 14 bolt sf with the six lug pattern out of a 2 wheel drive pick up truck will work as an upgrade in place and is there anything special I need to get? Thanx in advance!

2. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>Yeah you need the conversion u-joint with the two different size bearings. You also need to have the spring pads and shock mounts re-located for that housing. it doesnt have to be a 2WD housing. If you dont want to do that, you can use an 83-87 (91 in burbs) sf rear and put the 6 lug shafts and drums on it, then it'll bolt right in. Your profile isnt filled out, where in jersey are you from? I know a few shops in Bergen county that can take care of fabrication.</font color=blue>

[​IMG]
    <font color=blue>pavement queen with shinny paint job and car tires</font color=blue>