Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14 Bolt Swap Question-shock mounts

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Tommy, Jul 5, 2000.

1. Tommy

Tommy 1/2 ton status

I got the perches and spring mounts cut off, ready to reweld in right spot, noticed the shock mount will be half on the pumpkin and half off if I spaced it like the facory did on the 12 bolt. What did you guys do as for mounts, just move them out a little?

2. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

what 14 bolt did you use? all mine just swapped in. no pearches or shock mounts to modify. just bolt in.

your right. I don't understand the jeep thing!

3. Tommy

Tommy 1/2 ton status

14 Bolt FF out of a 74 suburban, even had to move spring perches in about 3" total.

4. Waxer

Waxer 1/2 ton status Author

You should of kept looking, cause I didnt have to modify anything. I bolted my 14 boltFF right in place of the 12 I took out. Actually the only thing I had to modify is the E brake cable attachments. Otherwise, it was a bolt in job.

5. Tommy

Tommy 1/2 ton status

Well its not the end of the world to have to move this and reweld, but I guess to some its more work than they want to tackle. I just had nothing in the axles, and everything to remove and reweld, so looking for another one was not an option. thanks for your help.