Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14 bolt swap

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dammit32, Aug 16, 2002.

1. dammit32

dammit32 1/2 ton status

I bought a 14 bolt ff in good condition off a 78 3/4 ton truck ...its got 4.10 gears in it. Now that I'm venturing into uncharted territory I may need some advise..... the guy wants $150 for the front axle but its just a 10 bolt like the one i have... it does have 8 lug outers and 4.10 gears ...I may get it but i have no clue how the steering is gonna line up with mine ...I have a Skyjacker 4" lift with a new steering arm....with my setup right now the steering sits pretty level...and not sure how these brakes are going to match up either

anyone who can add their 2 cents would be apreciated /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

2. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

It will all bolt in like a dream. The steering arm can be moved over also and the brakes should work too.

3. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

Get it.I paid more for just the parts to convert to 8 lug.If its in good shape it sounds like a great score.

4. woody9

woody9 1/2 ton status

Go for it. Mine were $100 each (same setup from an 80).. but what I also gained was the HUGE brakes from the 3/4 ton. Calipers & rear lines moved right over to the mounts/backing plate on the donor axles.