Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14 bolt

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by gmc4me, Feb 7, 2002.

1. gmc4me

gmc4me Registered Member

im thinking of getting a 14 bolt for my truck but the one i found is missing Pinion, Ring gear, Carrier, and Spacer how hard would it be to find these parts. Also one of the drums is wet so im just going to go ahead and replace them with disc how hard is that? I can get this thing for around 125 plus 175 shipping.

2. POFF

POFF 1/2 ton status

You should be able to find a complete drum to drum 14 bolt for $200. The disc conversion looks pretty easy. My friend is doing one, so far it's easy. If you have a '73-up 1/2 ton or 3/4 ton try to find a 3/4 ton axle. If you have a 67-72 or a 73-up 1 ton try to find a 1 ton axle. The spring pads are in different places.

'70 K-20 San Diego, CA
    I know, I can't spell!

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Wow is that a terrible deal...

14 bolts are common and cheap, I've seen working 14 bolts with no leaks and 4.10's go for under $100 with no shipping. Start scouring the yards and local ads...

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/project_T2> tRusty pics...</a>

4. CAROLINAK5

CAROLINAK5 1/2 ton status

i wish they were that easy to find here in North Carolina!
    all the usual salvage yards i deal with were asking in excess of $400 with exchange for a 14 bolt.

hey gmc4me..........how about filing out your profile. it may come in handy in the forums. just a suggestion.

when all else fails..............HIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![​IMG]

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/albun32>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/albun32</a>

5. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

That's outrageous to pay that much for missing parts. [​IMG]

I get them complete, hub to hub, at a local mechanics yard here in town for $75 each. [​IMG]

<font color=red>Only real men drive K30's!!!</font color=red> [​IMG]

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/thatK30guy>The K30 Collection</a>

6. bigmack

bigmack 1/2 ton status

That really sounds like a bad deal. I just put a 14ff in my truck 2 weeks ago, (4.10 complete drum to drum) from a 1 ton truck. I had to move the spring perch's &amp; weld them on. I figured it was the least I could do since a buddy gave me the rear end ! I was looking for one out of a 3/4 ton but I figured the free kind was the best kind. But believe me you are heading in the right direction with the 14ff, I was really getting tired of breaking 12 bolts.

Good Luck in your quest.

'80 K10 350/350/NP205/14B/10B/4.10/4"Lift/Q78-Buckshots

7. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

Im puttin on in too, but im hella worried about the clearance im going to lose, my buddy has fresh 38" TSL's and i got worn out Slick TSL's, he has a dana 60 rear, i got a 10 bolt (heh), he got hung up on the middle of the trail when his tires were in the ruts, while i walked right through.... clearance is screwed on large rearends worries tha crap outa me

If you dont make it the first time, Drink another beer, and press a little harder on the gas

8. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

hey if ya filled out your profile somebody near you might have one or know where you could get one for cheaper...

give us some info

Later

Just tap it in...tappity tap tap...