Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14 bolt

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by b laub, Apr 11, 2003.

1. b laub

b laub Registered Member

i was just wondering if a 14 bolt with 4:10 gears for $250 is a good deal i think it is but i was just wondering what ya'll thought about it cuz im supposed to be going and getting it tuesday

2. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

middle of the road. I have seen them with detroits for $400 or so, but if its a unit in good repair, that sounds fair.

3. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Yeah, it's not the best price, but I'd pay that if it were an axle ready to swap in (didn't need any seals, bearing, brake work).

4. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

Well....like Heavy4X4 said, $250 is a good price if it is ready to swap in. If not, you'll pay about $100-$150 for bearings, races, seals etc.

To put it in perspective, I paid $150 total for a 14BFF and 8-lug D44 with 4:10 gears. They were still attached to the truck, so I also got the sway bar, steeing box etc. I'll have about $315 in total rebuild of the 14 bolt. That includes bearings, seals, gaskets and disk brake swap parts. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif