Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14 ff disk brake question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sweetk30, Sep 14, 2005.

1. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

this is for those with the pop off drum newer 14ff with disk brake setup. i am looking for the brackets and or measurements to make a set. just the brackets from tsm brakes is 275.00 before shipping. thanks guys.

2. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

Swap on the older hubs and use the 'regular' caliper brackets.

3. sweetk30

cant do that. all the spec changed. tryed it all ready. need the newer brackets. thats why i asked.

4. sweetk30

comeon now no one has them or can help out. to the top.:(

5. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

I'm curious... what was the prohibiting factor? What hubs did you try? :thinking:

6. randy88k5

randy88k5 1/2 ton status

What does the 14b come on? Im sure someone I know has one. Ill track one down and take measurements and pictures myself.

7. sweetk30

question one. the spindle specs have changed big time. thay made them shorter. and such you have to use the newer hubs.

question two. 14ff with pop off drum was somewhere in mid 90s thay started. and the axle it self has been used for over 30 years in 3/4 ton and 1/ton trucks.

last thing. i have sence gotten in contact with a felow ck5 member and we are now in the proces of making the brackets to use chevy rotors and calipers on the pop off style drum brake setup to convert to disk. the time needed to measurte and cut and ship and test fit will be a few weeks and we will keep all up to date. if this goes threw it will be less money than the other brands for the kit. but we will know more in a few weeks.

if anyone has more info to share then please feel free to pass it on as this will in the end benifit all of use as a group in our quest to make are play toys and trailer pullers better for are needs . thanks .:wink1:

8. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

That is soooo messed up. That means the pop-off drum style uses a completely different housing than the original 'non-popoff'... even though they were BOTH produced right up to the end of that 90's body style.

9. sweetk30

sorry to say but that is correct. the spindle and hub are diffrent. i had both new and old style on my truck and old wont fit. can only get 3 threads of the nut on and then its tight on the spindle.

dont worry the other member and i will have a kit ready in a few weeks for all to buy and use. will be just as easy to bolt on as the others. :wink1: