Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14 FF perch width ???'s

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Masher, Apr 8, 2003.

1. Masher

Masher 1/2 ton status

14 FF perch width ???\'s

I'm getting ready to throw the new axles in my '96 1/2 ton and I thought the perch width for the rear was 42 1/2" which is what my 3/4 ton 14FF measures. I got under the truck today and the rear measures about 46 1/2" The new trucks must have different widths?? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I thought it was only 40.5" and 42.5". I should have no problem putting the perches at that width right??

2. BigBurban350

BigBurban350 1/2 ton status

Re: 14 FF perch width ???\'s

Weld in perches in cause it obviously doesnt fit according to your measurements /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Masher

Masher 1/2 ton status

Thanks, yeah I plan on welding them in place anyhow so I can set the pinion angle. I just wanted to be sure they would be OK that far out, it puts them close to the 4-hole square mounting flange for the brakes.

4. BigBurban350

BigBurban350 1/2 ton status

Just make sure you can remove the bolts in the future or hope that you never have to change out the backing plates. When are you putting in you D60? /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

5. Masher

Masher 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the reply. I should have a couple inches to play with. I'm putting disc's back there anyhow so hopefully I won't have any issues. As far as the 60 I plan on having the truck done by June, so Hopefully I can start hanging the new axels in a few weeks. I've got a buddy coming over next weekend to help set the 5.13's and the Detroit in the 60. Can't wait to go wheeling!!