Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14 ff pricing would you buy it

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by obijuan, Sep 18, 2006.

1. obijuan

obijuan 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

today at a parts yard i just spotted a full floater, srw, 4.56 non locker from an old army truck. its been sitting for who knows how long without tires on the truck and about 5 inches in the dirt and mud. it appears to not be leaking anywhere and seems to be in good shape on the outside. they want 300 for it, and my question is whats the going rate on 14ff used? oh im in south texas if it matters?

2. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Take off the diff cover if you can. It should have a Detroit Locker if it came from a CUCV. Why would it not? If it does not have a locker, its a little over priced, at least here.

3. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

$100-$150 tops as you will have to completely rebuild it if it's been sitting that long.

4. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

I just sold a 14bFF with 4.56 gears open diff, $150. I had it listed for $200 but I was motivated. I only had it listed 1 week. I've had 2 more inquiries since, if that gives you any idea.

I agree, $300 is high. Although it does seem to be somewhat to find 4.56 equipped 14b unless they came out of a CUCV. I would expect to pay about $500 for a 14bFF with a Detroit out of a CUCV M1008 or M1028.

Like shane74 said about rebuilding it. If you're going to be doing that, you might as well find a cheaper 14bFF, rebuild it, and add the gears you want.

5. bigjimmy89

bigjimmy89 Newbie

over priced, these axels are out their by the thousands dont make the mistake by looking in the junk yard for 1 b/c they think old crap is worth a fortune, where in tx are you i can find you one