Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14" of SNOW!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by PattBlue, Nov 21, 2000.

1. PattBlue

PattBlue Registered Member

14\" of SNOW!!

Well just before we got the 14 inches of the white stuff I had the Blazer Oiled (underneath), waxed, rain-X'd, remote start put in...if I had only LOCKED THE HUBS, before trying to drive through end of the drive-way.......Hmmmm LOL!! Buffalo got 24 inches..National Guard called in, Driving Hummers..they'll get stuck. (not that I would know)

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Re: 14\" of SNOW!!

[​IMG] I just saw a post about this on Offroad.com.
    I wish we would get some, I wanna go out and play![​IMG]

Rene

[​IMG]

3. GONZO

GONZO Registered Member

if it is going to be cold, you might as well have some fun in the snow! can't wait till we get a good snow, so i can see how the new locker likes it.

<font color=blue>85 k5 Blazer 4x4
    99 Trans am 30th anniversary
    79 Trans am [​IMG]

4. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Yep, bud in Buffalo told me they are in a state of emergency.......yuk......lived in PA for 3 years and you guys can have that stuff.........as well as the salt they use to melt it. My Blazer has rust on it from that 3 year foray [​IMG], my view of Mt. Hood from the driveway is good enough for me.........and when I want to play, its' 45 minutes away........and no SALT.

<font color=black>'79 - 406 TPI -<font color=orange> K5#5 - <font color=blue>See it at---&gt;http://www.blazzinor.coloradok5.com

5. PattBlue

Yep thats why I tried the oil..wow more just started and the plow guy just came by again..AND SALTED!!

6. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

Hey! Long time no talk too. Its sunny and bright here in Tucson. Mid 60's and I just off the golf course! Life is gooood.

creepin' and crawlin'

Jim

7. PattBlue

Jimmyjack..HAHAHA.. lol Just kidding. Sounds great, but remember I have trees and grass...(although all the trees have no leaves and grass is somewhere under all that snow.) And in 6 days the BIG BUCKS will be easier to see.

8. JimmyDie6.2

JimmyDie6.2 1/2 ton status

I went to the University at Buffalo as an undergrad. I should have gone to the University of Florida and worked on my tan. Talk about a dreary place. I didn't of course have my K5 then. Maybe I'll go on a road trip.....NAH...JS

9. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

Since they closed the NYS Thruway at 390 the line of traffic waiting to get off has been over two miles long. I'd hate to be an SU student trying to get home for the holidays. We haven't gotten any of it here in Rochester though, it stinks!! There's only about two inches on the ground right now, just enough to make the roads a pain in the @ss but not enough to play in. I can't wait until it starts to dump on us, winter wheeling is so much fun. Oh, and speaking of Hummers... one of the guys in my club jumped his a couple times on Sunday, he got about 8 feet of air on the biggest one! I should have pics coming soon. I can't imagine ever trying that with my K5.

Joe
    RIT Mini-Baja http://www.rit.edu/~bajawww
    Team Mudnuts http://www.mudnuts.org

10. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

Dude i want to see a hummer in the air lol thatd be pretty gnarly

[​IMG] SlyDog [​IMG]

11. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

It was pretty cool. At first when he was lining up with the hill we didn't know what he was doing, but when he hit the gas we figured it out real quick. When we saw all 4 wheels leave the ground, all 8 of us yelled "HOLY S#!T" at the same time. I guess he's working on getting the video on a web page now, I'll post it when it's up.

Joe
    RIT Mini-Baja http://www.rit.edu/~bajawww
    Team Mudnuts http://www.mudnuts.org

12. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

13. Blazerbob

Blazerbob 1/2 ton status

I drove to Erie,Pa from Rochester,NY monday morning and ended up being stuck in Erie until Weds. because of the thruway being closed. I think Erie ended up with as much snow as Buffalo. There had to be at least 25". I left weds am as soon as I heard the thruway was open and it took me 8 hrs to make a 2.5 hour trip. It took 1.5 hrs just to go the first 5 miles on 90 in Erie.It would have been nice to have the blazer but I really didn't need it cause I didn't get stuck at all. I just had new studded snows put on my 2000 Dodge van Saturday thank god. I arrived home to find only an inch of snow.

<font color=blue>Blazerbob</font color=blue>[​IMG]

14. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

haha
    here in NC we dont get much snow, but when we DO get some, i make some real $$ getting people unstuck.
    gotta love it!

Confederate's w/ K5's!
    '85 K5: BIG BAD AND MEAN
    "DONT BE PROUD IF IT AINT LOUD!"

15. PattBlue

Mudfrog, no don't have the wheels on yet...waiting for summer.

Blazerbob, yes sir it was a mess a had to play "TAXI" and tote everyone around. This is my 1st 4x4 and I'll never go without another. We got 14 inches on Monday night and 11" more on tuesday. The wife got me a KEEPER recovery strap for Xmas and when I went to buy one she gave it to me. Had to pull about 4 cars out.

16. Canuck

Canuck 1/2 ton status

Come on out to Manitoba if you want some real winter 4x4'in. I've got about 3 - 5 feet of snow across the 360 acres. Been Blaz'in through it without a problem. The Blazer hasn't even been close to getting stuck yet.

Put a 7 foot plow on the front. The Blazer pushes the snow most excellent. It's the only time I've seen the Blazer without a sag in the rear. Actually looks alright.

Blasting Through The Blizzards!!!!!

Canuck

Go Wide or Stay @ Home