Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1406 Install - Brackets and Hardware

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by johnny reb, Aug 2, 2005.

1. johnny reb

johnny reb 1/2 ton status

I just got a Edelbrock 1406 to install in my 86K5. It will be installed on top of an Edelbrock 3701 Performer Intake. I have a 700r4 tranny.

According to Lokar I need the following hardware to make this carb work with my setup...
    Throttle Cable - TC1000HT
    Kick Down Cable - KD2700HT
    Bracket - SRK4000
    EGR Adapter - EDL1476

These all appear to be stainless steel cables and brackets and I don't want to spend $100+ dollars for all of this if I don't need it.

Can I get away with using all of the stock cables and simply purchasing this TCI corrector kit instead (TCI-376710)?

2. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

if you plan on doing anything other than pavement driving, do yourself a favor and dont bother putting the Edelcrock on it.

3. mrhoes

mrhoes 1/2 ton status

I agree I put a 1406 on my 86 and It sucked off road I even put the off road needle and seat in it. The only reason I bought It was because I got it for cheap and my quadrajet was too worn out to rebuild, Next carb I buy is going to be the truck avenger.

4. uglytruck

uglytruck Registered Member

Ditto on on running the inexpensive edelbrock, although I am not to sure about the truck avenger (my happiest day as a former holley owner was throwing it the trash :haha: ). My vote and $$ went to the new not reman. qjet from edelbrock :bow: . Its worth the extra $$ for efficiency and driveability both on and especially off road. :wink1: