Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1410 to 1310 conversion U-Joint?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BorregoK5, Feb 3, 2003.

1. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Now that the front and back of my np203 have the same output flange, I'm looking at making a spare driveshaft out of my old front shaft which I can adjust the length on for front or back use. Does anyone know if there is a 1410 to 1310 conversion U-Joint to make everything as simple as possible? This way I could bring one shaft with 2 yolks. If not, I'll head down another route.

2. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

I SERIOUSLY doubt that they make one. I would be scared to run it if they did. Your talking about something to get off the trail, as in emergency fix, correct?

3. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Yep, emergency only. I've got the extra shaft which is 1310 at the yolk, and an additional yolk sitting here. I'm just looking to make use of it through the U-Joint before I up and put a lot of work into it.

4. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

Have you tried getting 2 standard 1310 ujoints from AZ and then buying a 1410 ujoint and putting the caps from the 1410 onto the 1310s? Making your own? You would have to measure the bearing shaft and make sure they're compatible, might even have to use an already trick 1320/1350 ujoint to begin with for the length from one cap to the next to get that part right! Just a thought!

5. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

I've got a 1/2 ton to 1 ton NAPA conversion joint and a few others standard u-joints for comparison but the bearing shafts are all different sizes as the size increases. I may just have to mill this yolk out for a standard 1410 joint... so much for the easy way.