Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14b-almost free

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by mrbill, Feb 11, 2005.

1. mrbill

mrbill 1/2 ton status

I've decided not to upgrade yet and have a 14b up for barter. I'm staying with my 10bolt stuff and need to install a Trutrac and 3.73 gears. I'll give it to anyone(s) who will help me install the TT & gears.

The 14b came from a fellow local wheeler Charley "Tuna" that many of you know. He gave me a good deal and I want to pass that along to someone deserving. I also have a set of 8 to 6 lug converters (new) I'll throw in if I can get my 10b fixed up.

Also I have a Dana 44 front (6lug) and a Detroit "Gearless" locker / 3.73 that I think I want to install. I don't mind doing the work myself but I'm not sure I'm up to it (knowledge wise). Anyone up to the challenge? I don't want to sink allot more cash into this thing but if you ever wanted to try and install gears / locker lets give it a go. Maybe make a work party of it.
    My goal is to change both front and back to 3.73's (from 3.10) and "locked". My current 10b front has a lose ball joint thus the change to the D44.

Any takers?

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i dont need the 14ff but i do know a profesional gear installer who will do both axles for $250