Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14b disc brake bracket mount position

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BigOrange90Jimmy, Aug 4, 2003.

1. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I just received my 14b disc brackets from Echobit and I was wondering which direction they are supposed to face. Do they clock backwards like the front calipers do, or should they clock towards the center of the truck? It's probably a stupid question, but I am going to be VERY detailed in how this truck is going together, and I want it to be right. By the way, the brackets are AWESOME!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

I think most are clocked backwards but it mostly depends on your bleeder screw position. Whichever way makes that the high point so air can escape.

3. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

Yep try to get the bleeder in the up position. Most bracket's are rotated to the rear, while looking at hub. say about the 2 o'clock position.

4. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

that makes sense...thanks guys!

5. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

Not to disagree, cause I'm actually agreeing.... But the bracket is just as they say, dependent on the calipers... You could also run the bracket at 10 Oclock and then switch the calipers, R for L, and L for R. I say wait till you put your hands on the calipers you're going to use and mount them up without the hub on, that will give you the best location for the bleader screw!

PS. different calipers mean differnt locations. I just slapped my Cadi brackets on thinking that the bleeder was in the same location, but it ended up being different from the 3/4 ton calipers..... Just to let you know! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif