Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14B disc conversion wheel studs

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by K588, Mar 17, 2006.

1. K588

K588 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I searched and wasnt able to find the answer. I am doing a disc conversion on a 14B FF w/ 3/4 ton rotors and was wondering if i could use the old drum wheel studs or do I have to get new ones from a 3/4 ton front?Thanks

2. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

I reused the old ones. Just be carefull when you take them out, so you don't mess up the threads. I messed up a few. I just took them to the local auto parts store and had them find me the same ones. not sure on the partnumber or what they came from, but they were the same and still under my rig 9 months later.

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

old ones. but some rotors are cut smaller. just grind down the heads and press them in. it will be o.k. i have done it with mine before. if running aluminum rims and want more threads get dulley studs = longer .

4. broc944

broc944 1/2 ton status

I pushed in a old one and it was not long enough for me to be comfortable with it, bought sixteen new ones at NAPA for 60 bucks. I would do the same thing if I were you, better to check it now then later when it would be more work to correct. Believe me it is no fun having a tire fall off.