Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14B FF, Caddy Caliper Banjo Bolt

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by AZ_Overdrive, Nov 10, 2004.

1. AZ_Overdrive

AZ_Overdrive 1/2 ton status

Just wanted to nail down the appropriate banjo bolt for the 78 Caddy calipers on my 14B disk conversion.

I have seen Raybestos part number H5370-2 in other posts(what was the original application for this part number?) /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif but I wanted to verify that it is for the Caddy calipers (NOT chevy 3/4T fronts).

Also plan on using the 79' Chevette front brake lines to connect calipers to the hard lines.

Thanks for any assistance.

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

For a Cadillac Eldorado with rear discs motormite # 313935 , regular Autozone store stock , 1.99 . Its cool , nearly all the parts stores has online lookups . Now any store can cross that number I'm sure /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. 45acp

45acp 1/2 ton status

The H5370 banjo bolt p/n is correct (7/16") and it is used in both the cadillac and 3/4 ton GM trucks.

4. AZ_Overdrive

AZ_Overdrive 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the info! Here is what I found at AutoZone(online).

Motormite 313935 - is the stock banjo bolt for the 78 Caddy.
    Motormite 313940 - was listed for my 89 burb and for an 80 3/4 pickup.

I haven't checked on the H5370 but Checker can order some for me (2 day wait) but they cannot tell me the application.

I just want to make sure when I do the swap this weekend that the Chevette rubber lines will mate up with the Caddy calipers correctly.

If the stock banjo bolt from the caddy works on the Chevette lines then I am all set as the calipers have all the original hardware on them. I wasn't sure about the banjo bolt since the caddy calipers have a rigid block attaching the hard line to the caliper but I guess so do rubber lines on the ends.

Anyway, thanks for the info.

/forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif